One Voice Disability Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Voice Disability Forum

Forum discussing the issues and problems encountered by disabled people

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Return to work

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy

Return to work Empty
PostSubject: Return to work   Return to work I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi,
I just wanted to ask about return to employment. I have been ill with ME for a few years and am now well enough to contemplate returning to work on a part-time basis. I am aware of schemes such as permitted work, but am worried that if I do go on one of these, and am called for a medical in this time, any benefits (e.g. Incapacity Benefit) could be cut if I fail the medical pale . This is putting me off returning to work as the stress could jeopardise my health. I wondered if anyone else had any experience of returning to work.
Many thanks
Amy
Back to top Go down
DJ Barney

DJ Barney

Return to work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to work   Return to work I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi Amy,

I suggest you go to Welfare Rights in Lancaster as I have found them to be very good at dealing with these kind of issues.
Back to top Go down
http://djbarney.org

Return to work
Page 1 of 1